Search This Blog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Banya the Explosive Deliveryman

With a widespread was raging between humans and the monstrous Torren, the young delivery men of the Gaya Desert Post Office do not pledge allegiance to any country or king.  They are banded together by the pledge to deliver. "Fast. Precise. Secure." Banya, the craziest and craftiest of the bunch will stop at nothing to get a job done.  Known for his risk taking, bold resolve, and impeccable record, Banya agrees to complete a wounded soldier's mission to transport a parcel of great importance - know know what dangers lie in store for him and his friends! As their arduous journey begins, Banya promises, "There isn't a delivery I can't make. I always deliver."

Beautiful artwork with kinetic, visceral action is a sure-fire way to grab the attention of your readers.  Banya creator Kim Young-Oh delivers (oh, I went there) this in heaps in this series.  Flip open to any page of the book and you will see what I'm talking about.  This manga is more than a pretty face, though, it is packed with colorful, well-developed characters and a lush, thought out world. 

While it may be a futile hope, I would like to see this character make his way to the big screen some day.  Immediate thought might turn towards an animated project, but I think Banya could really sing as a live-action production.  Banya said there isn't a delivery he can't make, but I'm still waiting on my movie...

* Blurb taken from back of book

- Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment