Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Meet Jen

Johnny The Homicidal Maniac being the first comic book I read represents only part of my love for comics. Don’t get me wrong, I still thoroughly enjoy my share of silly dark comics, but I have definitely expanded my spectrum of comic types. Over the years I’ve explored nearly every type of comic out there including the classic superheroes, new-age fantasy, and science fiction; I even occasionally pick up a kids one such as Muppet Show. What normally initially attracts me to a specific comic is the artwork; when I saw Kabuki by David Mack for the first time, I immediately fell in love with the art and, in turn, fell in love with the story. Out of the millions of comics out there though, Vertigo publishes my favorites. Fables, Sandman, DMZ, Daytripper, just to name a few, are all some of the greatest books I have ever read. Along with artwork and writing, characters are another thing that pulls me in to a specific book; some of my favorite characters include Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Black Widow, and Death (Sandman). There are so many great books out there, that I could never possibly read and enjoy all of them, but I try to give everything a show. You would pretty much have to have no interests whatsoever to not be able to find something you like in comics.

No comments:

Post a Comment